Consoles are usually sold with gamepads, but it is also possible to install a console controller on a PC using software, whether it is a PS4 or Xbox controller. Beyond its usefulness for video games, a controller can also be used as a remote control or even a mouse.
Presentation of Xpadder:
Xpadder is an application that can be used to simulate the keyboard and mouse in almost any game while allowing you to customize the console altogether. So anyone who is addicted to consoles and fun doesn’t have support for the controller, so this application is a must for him/her.
For a straightforward evaluation of Xpadder, it creates a shortcut on the desktop. It does not leave any registry traces. This application is capable of reading sixteen different controllers and can assign popular and demanding key combinations and mouse gestures. It also has a turbo mode that is capable of configuring eight other controllers in each of the profiles.
You can create different profiles for each game you need to play. Creating a profile is child’s play, and all you have to do is select an image, then place sticks with buttons and the bingo that your profile is created.
The next thing you have to do is assign keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures for each stick. Once all the configuration is complete, you can take advantage of consoles for games that do not usually support controllers.
Features of Xpadder:
Here are some great features you’ll discover after downloading Xpadder for free.
- Can configure consoles for games that do not support controllers.
- No installation required.
- Leaves no registry traces.
- Able to read 16 different controllers.
- Turbo mode included.
- Easy configuration.
Now We’ll Jump straight onto the main topic we’re discussing here:-
How to Install XPadder on your Windows
- First, install it, and then choose an extraction folder.
- Once the software is installed, make sure that the controller is plugged in and recognized by the PC (if not, download the necessary drivers) and then run it.
- A window will appear:
- Press the joystick icon in the upper left corner.
- A new window will appear:
- Go to the image tab (step not required).
- Click on “open” and choose the image of your controller if it is available (the folder containing the photos is called “controller image”).
- Then go to the “Stick” tab (if your controller has analogues).
- Check the “Enabled” box for stick 1 and 2 (it depends on the number of analogues present on the controller) and do the requested operations.
- Go to the “DPad” tab (if your controller has a directional cross).Same procedure as for the stick tab.
- Go to the “buttons” tab. Press all available buttons on your controller.
- You will notice the presence of small squares that appear when you press a key on your controller. Place them, so you don’t get lost for the rest of the game.
- Switch to the “Trigger” tab (for those who have triggers on their Joystick). Same procedure as the Joystick, check “enabled” and do the methods.
- Go to the “finish” tab and click on “close”. Now let’s go to the configuration.
- A window will appear :