Update: Yahoo! has just disclosed yet another data breach. This time of 32 million accounts accessed using “forged” cookies. This follows over a billion accounts compromised over the course of two prior breaches. At this point, it’s hard to recommend anyone keep using Yahoo!
Delete your Yahoo Account
- Visit Yahoo!’s Terminating your Yahoo! Account page.
- Log in with your Yahoo! account.
- Type in your password to confirm your identity.
- Type in the CAPTCHA code to confirm your humanity.
- Click YES to delete your Yahoo! account. You’ll see a confirmation page if you successfully deleted your account.
Note: Yahoo! says the deletion process takes about 90 days to complete. If you want your data scrubbed from Yahoo’s servers sooner than that, you’ll want to go through and delete your Yahoo! emails, Flickr photos, Yahoo! contacts, and more before completing the account termination process.